Thursday 26 December 2013

Draw of the Outlaw

I was just a girl when I met him under that tree in Eugene, but I can't help but think that I shoulda had the guts to run off and elope with that guy from frisco choppers when I had the chance.   I knew he was mine right away.  He sat down on the fence next to me for a long time and said nothing until he held my hand.  And I was in heaven for the whole weekend.  He wanted forever but I was starting to see there was something about him that was a little too south of crazy.  So I left him in a parking lot and cried in the backseat all the 48 hour drive back home to Canada.   On the 49th hour I started theatre school and I forgot all about him.  What a fork in the road.  Maybe I missed my calling.  I could have been a real good ol lady.  




No comments:

Post a Comment