Monday 23 December 2013

Friday Night Snapshot

Friday night snapshot 

Me and one of my best friends (we call each other Bubbi) are sitting at the bar over 2 huge pieces of chocolate cake discussing the feeling of when something good is over.

Me: It's like when you lose a really great lover. Everyone after 
is just so... lacking, so meh, so useless.
Bubbi: Like when your favourite lipstick is discontinued.
Both of Us: Oh yaaa.

A few minutes of silent contemplation pass.

Bubbi, holding her fork midair says to me, "I think what you are doing is amazing and I… just… want... you to know… that I am always here for you." Her last few words are muffled by emotion. We drop our forks, burst into tears and cling to one another, sobbing, soaking the crook of each other's necks, lost in the bubble of one of our longest friendships. Then, suddenly, a guy from the birthday party table is standing over us.

Guy: It's my birthday and I really want you to come over and have
some cake.

Bubbi and I peel off of each other and look up at him, mascara dripping down our faces, and gesture towards our plates.
Me and Bubbi: Huh? We already have 2 pieces.
Guy: Oh its ok. I have Exlax.
Um wha??? Bubbi and I look into each others' eyes and silently communicate our plan for escape. BUBBI OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment